Women's Biathlon Clinic
- What: Try a new challenge, Biathlon! Combining Nordic skiing or trail running with target shooting.
- Who: All women ages 18+
- When: Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Where: Crosscut Mountain Sports Center (1 mile past Bridger Bowl in Bridger Canyon)
- Cost: $30
- What to bring: Please wear comfortable running clothes and shoes, dress for the weather, hydration.
*Rifles and ammunition will be provided
- Introduction and background of Biathlon and Bridger Biathlon Club: Kelly Kjorlien, Head Coach and Executive Director BBC
- Nordic and Trail Running training
- Rifle safety, Range procedure: Ann Sorenson
- Relay race: a fun casual race to put our new skills to the test.
* There will be raffle prizes, coffee and snacks provided
The West Yellowstone Thanksgiving Camp takes place during the Rendezvous Nordic Ski Festival. Ski teams from across the country gather in West Yellowstone for a week of on snow training and racing. BBC will be training twice a day for the entire week, and competing in the biathlon race on Wednesday, November 22nd.
BBC will NOT be providing chaperones, transportation, housing, breakfast or dinner for the camp. We will provide skiing and range coaching, a wax bench, and lunches. Thanksgiving dinner will be a team potluck in a group room in the lobby of Kelly Inn. We have a block of rooms set aside at the Kelly Inn. To reserve a room, contact Kelly Inn at (406) 646-4544 . The rooms we were holding have been released. Call as soon as possible before they are full.
The full camp is open to athletes 13-18. Younger athletes are welcome to participate in the biathlon race on Wednesday, November 22nd.
Information meeting for the BBC Blue and Black teams. We'll review training, schedules, gear and what to expect this season.
We'll have all of our inventory of team jackets, pants and hats. If you need anything in a different size, please bring the old item to exchange.
The fall Soldier Hollow training camp will be a great opportunity for athletes to sharpen their skills before the winter race season starts. The facility has a full Olympic biathlon range and rollerski loops. The camp is for 14-20 year old biathletes with good roller skiing experience, comfortable carrying a rifle, good range procedure and shooting both prone and standing. BBC will be sending a coach to this camp and organizing housing and food for athletes. Black team only.
We will be traveling down on the 10th of October and returning after the time trial on the 15th.
Estimated cost ~ $300
Email Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in attending
Let's celebrate a great summer with a team potluck at the Lindley Pavilion. We'll have bag toss, bring any other yard games you'd like to play!
We're going to take TEAM PHOTOS- please wear a BBC shirt or hat (we'll have more available if you haven't gotten yours yet)
BBC will provide the drinks, please bring a dish to share with your teammates.
Dish assignments by last name:
A-I: Main Course
J-R: Appetizer/side dish